This is one of our largest outreach commissions. There are many areas where you can get involved.
For more information on any of these ministries you can contact Yvonne at the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 976 0598
We may in lockdown but that doesn’t stop us from reaching out to help those in need in our community. Here are some of the things our church family has been up to…
* financial aid to an underprivileged childcare facility for groceries
* donations of books financial aid, puzzles and games to the Kinderhuis
* donations of baby and kiddies clothing and shoes to Hagar’s Choice.
* food hampers and grocery vouchers to those in need in our church family
* the making of soup provided generously by the congregation for feeding the hungry, being distributed by MES
* We were able to assist Tygerbears and Thuthuzela a day before lock down with toiletries etc and non-perishable food
To feed the hungry in our community. Soup can be delivered to the church to be frozen or to be served. Cook a pot of soup (5L) once every 6 weeks. If you feel led you can also help serve the soup and bread once a week on a Friday.
The Spar in Welgedacht donates bread/cakes and various other items to our church on a Tuesday and a Friday. Morne Malherbe kindly collects these items for us. They are distributed as follows:
- Bread is kept for soup kitchen duty on a Friday
- Cakes and rolls are given to a Street Ministry, held on a Sunday in Goedemoed
- The balance of the items are sent to the Kraaifontein Night Shelter.
TYGERBEARS AND THUTHUZELA OUTREACH
To bring a glimmer of joy, hope and comfort to traumatized and abused children and women at Tygerbears unit of Tygerberg Hospital and Thuthuzela unit at Karl Bremer Hospital. Knit Teddy Bears or small cuddly toys. Supply items for toiletry bags and or sew these
drawstring bags. Provide non perishable foods. Help with deliveries.
TYGERBERG CANCER FLOWER MINISTRY
Bringing sunshine and God’s beauty and love into the bleakness of the cancer ward at Tygerberg Hospital. Many patients come from up-country, staying for several weeks, some have no visitors. We try to brighten their day and let them know God cares for them. Each patient is given a flower posy, magazine and a bookmark each week. 4 or 5 people make 15 posies each week. At present we have 5 teams. The flowers are delivered on a Tuesday. Not all involved deliver the flowers. Each team needs 2 volunteers to visit.
“LOVE BOX” MINISTRY
Caring and comforting to our members in hospital or recuperating at home by providing them with a “Love Box”. Small suitable items are collected and packed into a “box” together with inspirational verses and delivered.
To sort, pack and distribute all donations eg clothes, shoes, linen, bedding, kitchenware, toys, books etc received from the congregation to various organisations and charities. We help in the following areas: Namaqualand, Malawi, Durbanville Kinderhuis, Animal Shelters, Sivuyele, Charity Shop’s, Klippè Kids, Homes for the Aged and Disaster Areas.[gravityform id=”5″ title=”true” description=”true”]